17 September 2012

Madonna dreaming...

Wishi Washi Studio veered a bit off track last week (especially considering all of the pending deadlines)and, as a result of a kinda-sorta-business-trip-once-removed, I found myself at the Madonna Inn!

 the dining room...so pink...so sugary...


Those of you who know me well realize what a dream come true this is.  As a child sitting in the back of the station wagon on family trips headed to Southern California I always had my little face squashed up against the window whilst passing the pink hued Madonna Inn begging: "can we stop please please please can we stop please please please please...".  The answer was always no. Finally last week needing a restroom break, I got a "yes" (this time, of course, not in the back of a station wagon with my "no we're not stopping for that" dad driving).

So, stop we did for a restroom break, a much needed penny squishing and a mini-photo-shoot:


rosey wall-to-wall-carpet through out... (and the funny thing is I don't even like pink)...


I was so happy to see original flocked wallpaper...it was even worn away in places but they have kept it...because it is most excellent...


this is the women's bathroom...


and, this is the men's bathroom which is famous for its waterfall urinal...but I was more impressed with the clamshell sinks...and, no, I wasn't the only woman in there - it is somewhat of an attraction...


after we had left my companion told me that the bartender said that Mrs. Madonna was in the dining room.  well, unbeknownst to me, I think I got a picture of her and her entourage in the cozy nook-nest-booth on the right...


Mrs. Madonna


Mr. Madonna


A crafty wine barrel and grape chandelier


the grand fire place


and the bar lounge where I'm sure I would be drinking something pink and frothy...

next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment