14 September 2015

Fall 2015 Workshops in Wishi Washi Studio

Wishi Washi Studio's Fall 2015 Workshop schedule is up!

We have a fun and varied selection of classes coming up.

I'm kicking off the season with my Boro Books workshop that has been popular, and true to form it filled lightening fast. But, let me know if you want to get on the waitlist as I may be adding a second date.


Boro Books workshop


Next up are my guest instructors extraordinaire, Macy Chadwick and Courtney Cerruti.

Macy will be teaching a Pochoir Sampler Book workshop for the first time at Wishi Washi Studio. I'm personally very excited about this class since I've been mark making on paper and fabric with carved blocks, transfers and stencils and I hope to learn some new tricks from Macy (yes, I always play along with the class when we have a guest instructor!).


Macy Chadwick's Pochoir Sampler Book


In November Courtney Cerruti returns to Wishi Washi Studio to teach her Image Transfer class. But, this time we added a twist: students will also be creating a hardcover accordion book into which they will transfer their newly learned techniques. The end product will be a transfer based artist's book that will also be a great reference for future projects.


Student work from a past Image Transfer class with Courtney Cerruti



Every year I make myself a date book using the Crossed Structure Binding so I thought this would be a great time of the year to teach that binding to students who might want to do the same. Or, make a journal or sketchbook for the new year. Or, create a really, really nice present for a special someone for the upcoming holidays.


Two of my Crossed Structure datebooks

Speaking of the holidays, in December I will be teaching two fun techniques that could easily serve as last minute gift ideas: the Iris Fold Technique and the Exploding Picture Box. These are both historical crafting techniques, the Iris Fold originating in Holland and the Exploding Picture Box in Victorian England. Take both classes and combine the techniques into one project.


Iris Fold Technique

Exploding Picture Box

I realize that many of you are not in the Wishi Washi Studio area so I want to remind you of my online classes with Creativebug, including the Iris Fold Technique. And, Courtney Cerruti also has a wide array of classes with Creativebug, too.
  
Hope to see you in the studio and if you make something via Creativebug please share on Instagram or Facebook and tag me - I always love to see what you make!

No comments:

Post a Comment