19 March 2018

MUSUBU - San Francisco

MUSUBU! The San Francisco version!


If you've been following along you will recall we first exhibited MUSUBU at the Urawa Art Museum in Japan.
Now it is traveling to the American Bookbinder's Museum in San Francisco. Same artists, and mostly the same work. A handful of artists have created new work for the San Francisco exhibit including Kenneth Wilkes, Howard Munson and myself who have made pieces inspired by our trip to Japan to see MUSUBU in Urawa.
If you need a refresher you can read about the inception of this exhibit here, and a report on my trip to Japan to see the exhibit here.
Additionally, you can see photos taken by r.r. jones at the MUSUBU exhibit at the Urawa Art Museum here (I was fortunate to have my photographer traveling with me!)
Many people have worked very hard on this exhibit so I hope that you can visit if you are in the area.
Here is exhibit information:
7 April - 19 May 2018
Opening Reception 7 April 2018, 5:00 - 8:00 with a
Curators' Talk at 6:30
(Hisako, Myself and Keiko Fujii will be speaking)
Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment