26 November 2018

Bibliomuse 2: Books

In my last post I shared new work from my Bibliomuse 2 series - a subseries of KEEP: Modern Library.
 
At the end of the summer I had completed four wall pieces and now I have a mind to create artist's books to accompany each wall piece.

Here are the fruits of that labor:


 The Scandal of Silence, No. 2 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++


 The Impact of the Social Science, No. 2


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Theory of Collective Behavior, No. 2



Accordion books are so versatile. I love how they can look similar to "regular" bound books.


Or, break into dance and become sculptural objects.


I'm on a roll with bookmaking lately and am enjoying the small scale.

I have been sharing my process over on Instagram so join me there on my instagram account if you'd like to follow along.

And, remember, I teach bookmaking and paper arts on-line on Creativebug.

There is a simple accordion book class as well as more complicated binding classes (Coptic and Japanese Side Sewn) - so check that out if you are getting the bookmaking bug like I have lately!

5 comments:

  1. beautiful books -- I'd be interested to see how they partner with their 'mother quilts'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And, yes, I'm looking forward to exhibiting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are wonderful! I have taken a few of your classes on Creativebug, enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your books are very nice. The names are curious to me. I was wondering how you see each piece connect to it's name?

    ReplyDelete