11 February 2019

Workshop Round-up: Spring, Summer and Fall, 2019

Happy Belated New Year to all.

A little late on this post but here is a round-up of 2019 workshops that I have scheduled so far.




Boro Bag Workshop
French General, Los Angeles, CA
Sunday, March 31st, 2019
10:00 - 4:00




Japanese Mending as Utility and Embellishment
Saturday, April 20th, 2019
11:00 - 5:00



The Boro Aesthetic: Creating Fiber Art Pieces Inspired by Japanese Textiles
Sunday, June 2nd - Saturday, June 8th, 2019


 
Japanese Mending Techniques: Boro Sampler Book and Boro Bags
Southeast Fiber Arts Alliance, Chamblee, GA
June 9th and 10th, 2019
10:30 - 4:30 each day




Textile Manipulations: 
The Boro Aesthetic with Jody Alexander
Tactile Notebooks and the Written Word with Sandra Brownlee
Encaustic Castle, Lexington, KY
Wednesday, June 26th - Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019
Register for both or either workshop - see website for details






The Boro Aesthetic: Creating Fiber Art Pieces Inspired by Japanese Textiles
Mendocino Art Center, Mendocino, CA
Friday, July 19th - Sunday, July 21st
9:30 - 4:30 daily




Japanese Mending as Utility and Embellishment
A Work of Heart Studio, San Jose, CA
Sunday, October 13th, 2019
11:00 - 5:00

note: first two images are bags that I have made and the last four images are Japanese textiles from my personal collection - we look at them, or similar, in all of my workshops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of these workshop may be full but it is worth it to get on the wait list - life happens and people's plans change.

I often announce workshops earlier on Instagram and Facebook so join me there if you want workshop news earlier. Additionally, I try to keep the Workshop page on this blog up to date, so you can check that periodically, as well.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see some of you in my workshops this coming year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

{if none of these workshops are convenient for you remember that I teach online book and paper arts workshops on Creativebug and I also have a book entitled The Boro Aesthetic that goes over much of the information I teach in my textile workshops}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
{note: many of you mention to me that they received an e-mail from me when in fact I haven't sent out an e-mail in quite a while - this is because some of you have it set up so that my blogposts go directly to your e-mail - that is great! but, please note that you can change these setting if you want - directions should be included at the bottom of the e-mail. and, if you would like to receive this as an e-mail so that you don't miss anything - there is a box in the upper right where you can enter your e-mail address}
 











No comments:

Post a Comment