05 November 2012

Installation


Two years ago I innocently entered a piece in a group show at Cabrillo Gallery in an attempt to have it shown locally before it took off for a show on the east coast. Ruth Braunstein and Shannon Trimble, of the former Braunstein/Quay Gallery in San Francisco, were the jurors and they awarded me first prize. The prize was a solo exhibit at Cabrillo Gallery.   This is the winning piece (it will make a cameo appearance in the installation):


Finally, the time has arrived and I am installing two years worth of work in my show: Preparing for Evanescence.

We started wall treatments on Saturday with a team of amazing friends and students helping me.  Here is a sneak peak of part of a treated wall:



And, here are details of some of the pieces that I made two summers ago for the show





I'm sharing sneak peaks in an attempt to get you locals to come and see my show...and in the coming weeks I'll post some shots of the exhibit for those of you that can't make it. 

See more pieces that will be in the show here and here.

See you Thursday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment