14 May 2013

stitching + photos + words + (fabric + paper)

This past Saturday I taught a Stitched Photo Collage class in Wishi Washi Studio.  In attendance were all artists that were quite accomplished in their own disciplines.  

 I had lots of fabric, thread, found papers, book pages, two sewing machines and a typewriter for students to use.

Cherry was ready and waiting

as was Miss San Juan Batista


 Students arrived with their tools and materials that were swoon-worthy in and of themselves.

to-die-for sewing bin
and collections of found photos


The finished products were gorgeous which was no surprise from this group of talented artists:






I am developing this into a week long class that I will be teaching in June 2013 at Cullowhee Mountain Arts and June 2014 at Shakerag called The Stitcherly Book in which students will be creating pages such as these and constructing them into book structures.  Join me there if you can.  I can't wait to see what comes out of those weeks!

I'm teaching this class again next Saturday in Wishi Washi Studio and will share more creations soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment